Grand Rounds 2017 Bonus — Guide to Drafting and Adopting Medical Staff Bylaws, Policies and Rules & Regulations
December 13, 2016 - 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm (ET)
Join us: A key to excellent leadership is excellent learning!
Designed to be informative for any Medical Staff member, 2017’s Grand Rounds should be particularly helpful for Medical Staff Leadership: Medical Staff Officers, members of the Medical Executive Committee, Department Chairs, Chairs of the Credentials and Peer Review Committees, and the Chairs of other key Medical Staff committees.
If you have new members in any of these important positions, this is a not-to-be-missed opportunity for direct education that we guarantee will be helpful to them in their new roles.
We’ve kicked off our 2017 “Grand Rounds” audio conference series early! The 2017 series is focused on best practices to incorporate into your Medical Staff Bylaws, peer review policies, and other important documents.
To help guide your efforts, we added a BONUS session — free to all who purchase the entire 2017 Grand Rounds series. You don’t want to miss this one!
This audio conference discusses who should be involved in drafting and revising Medical Staff and Hospital policies, as well as conducting a revision process that is transparent, inclusive, and, hopefully, painless. Also discussed is how the document revision process can offer an excellent education on best practices and a way to attract and engage future leaders.
This audio conference was recorded on December 13, 2016. You may purchase the recording (mp3 or CD) of this audio conference to share with Medical Staff members at an upcoming meeting or throughout the year.
Audio conference registration (CD or MP3 purchase only): $250 (or Free with purchase of 2017 Grand Round series.)
Click here for a registration form to print and fax to us at 412.687.7692.
This audio conference is part of our Grand Rounds series. Order the entire series for $1850 so you don’t miss a single topic!
- One document or more?
- What goes in “Bylaws” vs. Rules and Regulations vs. Medical Staff policies vs. Hospital policies?
- How often should the Bylaws be reviewed and revised?
- Who should be charged with responsibility for drafting revisions? A Bylaws Committee? An ad hoc committee? Consultants? Medical associations?
- How to go about a Bylaws revision project if it has been a very long time since the Medical Staff Bylaws were last reviewed and revised
- What is the process for amendment of Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and policies?
- Conducting a transparent revision process
- Overcoming barriers standing in the way of change
Upon completion of this audio conference, participants should be able to:
- identify the topics that are required to be addressed in Medical Staff Bylaws versus those that may be addressed in other Medical Staff documents;
- conduct a transparent Bylaws revision process, including early notice to the Medical Staff at large regarding any revisions (thereby preventing any element of surprise and the complications that can come along with that); and
- amend and adopt Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and Medical Staff policies in a manner that complies with legal and accreditation standards and current documentary requirements.
Instructions on how to obtain your Continuing Education certificate for audio conferences will be e-mailed to the contact person for your organization at the conclusion of each audio conference.
Category 1 CME
Joint Provider Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and HortySpringer Seminars. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals are awarded 0.1 continuing education units (CEUs), which is equal to 1 contact hour.
NAMSS Continuing Education Credit
This course has been approved for National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) continuing education credit and NAMSS hereby awards 1.0 NAMSS continuing education credits for participation in this activity. Accreditation of this educational content in no way implies endorsement or sponsorship by NAMSS.
This BONUS Audio Conference is FREE with purchase of Grand Round 2017 Series.
Mix and Match: $250 for each individual Grand Rounds audio conference.
Audio Conference Registration: $1,850 for all twelve 2017 monthly Grand Rounds (includes this BONUS Session recorded on December 13, 2016).
Audio Conference & MP3: $1,850 for all 2017 monthly Grand Rounds (Participation and MP3).
CD Only: $1,850 for all 2017 monthly Grand Round recordings.
MP3 Only: $1,850 for all 2017 monthly Grand Round recordings.