November Grand Rounds: Fast Forward to the Future – How Physician Leaders Can Decrease MSSP Burnout
November 7, 2023 - 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm (ET)
In honor of National Medical Staff Services Awareness Week, November’s installment of Grand Rounds will focus on steps that can be taken to alleviate burnout amongst MSSPs.
It goes without saying, the quality of the Medical Staff Services Professional within a hospital and/or health care system can make or break a Medical Staff. that MSSPs definitely are not glorified secretaries – and their careers are about far more than taking minutes and sending out meeting invites. Over the past two decades, the vast majority of organizations have begun to employ highly-trained MSSPs who are involved in continuous education and professional development. As a result, Medical Staff leaders, who often rotate through terms every one to three years, have a constant source of information and wisdom and constant access to knowledge of organizational policy, history, and precedent. With MSSPs bringing so much to the table, isn’t it time to ask not what the MSSP can do for you but, instead, what you can do for the MSSP?
Join HortySpringer Partner Susan Lapenta for the November installment of Grand Rounds where we will discuss the evolution of the MSSP and ways that hospitals and medical staffs can modernize, to eliminate unnecessary and/or mundane aspects of the job that plague MSSPs and possibly decrease efficacy and efficiency.
Upon completion of this audio conference, participants should be able to:
- Articulate policies and procedures that maximize the Medical Staff Services Professional’s support of Medical Staff activities, including credentialing and peer review, and streamline the role of the MSSP so that these professionals can focus on providing highly-trained services to the organization
- Adopt policies that empower the MSSP to more readily access information as part of the credentialing process, streamlining credentialing verification activities within the organization
- Adopt manuals for credentialing, peer review, health, and professionalism to facilitate drafting of letters, minutes, and talking points
Instructions on how to obtain your Continuing Education certificate for audio conferences will be e-mailed to the contact person for your organization at the conclusion of this audio conference.
Category 1 CME
Joint Provider Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and HortySpringer Seminars. The University of Pittsburgh is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NAMSS Continuing Education Credit
This course has been approved for National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) continuing education credit and NAMSS hereby awards 1.0 NAMSS continuing education credits for participation in this activity. Accreditation of this educational content in no way implies endorsement or sponsorship by NAMSS.
About Grand Rounds
Designed for even the busiest hospital and medical staff leaders, registration for the year-long series is a quick and inexpensive way for Medical Staff Officers, members of the Medical Executive Committee, Department Chairs, Chairs of the Credentials and Peer Review Committees, and the Chairs of other key Medical Staff committees to have access to the most up-to-date health care information at their fingertips while obtaining valuable CME credits as well.
- The audio conference series consists of twelve audio conferences spread over the course of the year (one AC/month)
- Each audio conference is offered the first Tuesday of each month from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
- Registration includes an MP3 containing the audio conference at no additional charge following each conference.
- CME credit issued for live conference participation only.
HortySpringer Audio Conference Disclaimer
The information presented during an audio conference and any supplementary materials provided to registrants are intended for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing contained therein is to be considered as the rendering of legal advice for specific cases or circumstances.
No one should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information presented during an audio conference without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer practicing as permitted by applicable laws, regulations or rules of professional conduct. No attorney-client relationship is formed by registration for an audio conference or the use of the supplementary materials.
Audio Conferences/Grand Rounds Registration: $250 and includes:
- 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™*
- 1.0 NAMSS continuing education credit*
- One MP3 recording to share with your staff throughout the year.
- Three additional phones lines. You may purchase additional lines for $50/line, per audio conference.
Can’t make the live audio conference? No problem! We offer single MP3 recordings for $250/each (Separate MP3 purchase does not qualify for CME credits. CMEs will only be given for live participation the day of the AC).
Want the entire 2023 Grand Rounds AC Series?
If you would like to purchase the entire 2023 Grand Rounds audio conference series, we’re happy to offer you a special rate of $1,850 to include all 12 episodes (one per month). Please contact our office for more information.
*Not all audio conferences will be approved for continuing medical education credits.