August 1, 2017 - 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm (ET)
Join us: A key to excellent leadership is excellent learning!
Designed to be informative for any Medical Staff member, 2017’s Grand Rounds should be particularly helpful for Medical Staff Leadership: Medical Staff Officers, members of the Medical Executive Committee, Department Chairs, Chairs of the Credentials and Peer Review Committees, and the Chairs of other key Medical Staff committees.
If you have new members in any of these important positions, this is a not-to-be-missed opportunity for direct education that we guarantee will be helpful to them in their new roles.
More and more, hospitals are getting serious about requiring professional conduct from all who work within their organizations.
But, without the right documents to support their efforts, Hospital and Medical Staff leaders can find themselves unclear about how to address matters of professional conduct without resorting to a formal investigation or “corrective action.”
- Are collegial interventions acceptable?
- What if the practitioner demands that he or she is entitled to a formal investigation and due process?
- What if the practitioner won’t cooperate or come to a meeting to discuss the leaders’ concerns?
- For that matter, what if the practitioner disagrees that his or her conduct was unprofessional?
- Is it enough that the leaders feel that the conduct is clearly and obviously outside the bounds of acceptable workplace behavior?
If these questions have sometimes stumped your leaders, please join us for this session addressing “must have” provisions for your Professionalism Policy.
Listen live on August 1, 2017. Or, purchase the recording (mp3 or CD) of this audio conference to share with Medical Staff members at an upcoming meeting or throughout the year.
Audio conference registration (includes MP3): $250/line
(Additional lines are $50 extra, limit 2 additional lines. Please call us to set up additional lines.)
Audio CD or MP3 only: $250
Click here for a registration form to print and fax to us at 412.687.7692.
This audio conference is part of our Grand Rounds series. Order the entire series and receive a discounted rate.
- Articulating expectations by clearly defining professional vs. unprofessional conduct
- How reports regarding conduct can be lodged (anonymous reports, verbal reports, written reports, etc.)
- Retaliation prohibitions
- Progressive steps for addressing conduct
- Personal codes of conduct
Upon completion of this audio conference, participants should be able to:
- clearly define the types of conduct that constitute unprofessional, inappropriate and/or disruptive conduct, as well as the type of conduct that is deemed professional, appropriate, and consistent with a safe working and patient care environment;
- articulate a prohibition on retaliation as part of the organization’s peer review processes; and
- identify progressive, collegial steps that hospital and medical staff leaders may utilize to address conduct issues manifested by those with clinical privileges.
Instructions on how to obtain your Continuing Education certificate for audio conferences will be e-mailed to the contact person for your organization at the conclusion of each audio conference.
Category 1 CME
Joint Provider Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and HortySpringer Seminars. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals are awarded 0.1 continuing education units (CEUs), which is equal to 1 contact hour.
NAMSS Continuing Education Credit
This course has been approved for National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) continuing education credit and NAMSS hereby awards 1.0 NAMSS continuing education credits for participation in this activity. Accreditation of this educational content in no way implies endorsement or sponsorship by NAMSS.
Mix and Match: $250 for each individual Grand Rounds audio conference.
Audio Conference Registration: $1,850/line for all twelve 2017 monthly Grand Rounds (includes BONUS Session entitled Guide to Drafting and Adopting Medical Staff Bylaws, Policies and Rules & Regulations, recorded on December 13, 2016).
Audio Conference & MP3: $1,850 for all 2017 monthly Grand Rounds (Participation and MP3).
CD Only: $1,850 for all 2017 monthly Grand Round recordings.
MP3 Only: $1,850 for all 2017 monthly Grand Round recordings.